Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 7, 2010

TAKE YOUR KID TO WORK DAY

This past week "take your kid to work day" occurred. Sunny Not is the only one old enough to participate in this. Se couldn't go with her Dad as he works security and it's not allowed. My husband sprays cars to prevent against rust. She was not interested but asked me if I had nominated his job to get a visit from Mike Rowe's "Dirty Jobs"...I haven't...yet. so then there was my movie theater job, made sense to since she is thinking she would like to work there after she turns 15 this spring. I work weekends though. She wasn't sure if that was allowed. I gaurenteed her that I am not the only parent who has weekdays, or that weekday off. So today she came to work with me. I enjoyed having her there, chatting while it was quiet. My sis (aka my boss) and I plotted to give her a less cushy job. You see I work in the box office, sitting on a chair selling tickets. And in between shows I sit there and mostly just smile and look pretty :) So my sis came and got her. We explained that since math was not her strong suit she probably wouldn't work book. She agreed. we said she would mostly likely be an usher with some floor shifts. Usher sounded great to her, so off they went. So what was the big deal? well the names are misleading. floor means tearing tickets and making sure the washroom is tidy and stocked with TP (the actual bathroom cleaning is done by the cleaners). Usher is cleaning the floors and other things. I always thought the names should be reversed. So Sunny Not got to go clean the theaters. Sis sent me to get a pic. Iphone equals no flash and fr some reason she wouldn't stand by the light for her pic to be taken. I don't get it, I just post all thier pics on my blog for the world to see. So no pics of my 14 yr old with a broom. But it was good. Except for that one kid looking at her all the time. Not creepy like. Just teenage kid puppy eye like.

Tomorrow Sunny Not joins us for HS drama (it is open to all kids, but since it is during school hours all kids allowed to miss the aftrenoon on Mondays are welcome. I am not sure how she will mix. I asked her thinking how nice it would be to have al five kids with me. I just hope she participates and has fun. Once before I took her and she gave me the "I'm so bored" teenage drama thing. I haven't taken her since. I hate that attitude as it brings down the whole atmosphere. So here's hoping I most tomorrow about our great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment