Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, November 19, 2010

CRISTMAS CRAFTS #1


Patchwork Christmas Trees

I got this idea online here. they have many wonderful sewn decorations to make. Many of which I am planning that the kids and I will make. At first I thought 'that's gonna be alotta shoppin at fabricland'. Something Dh isn't always thrilled about :) But then I decided to check my scraps. There was a lot that wouldn't work, my many Native prints were too big or not right, but there were others that I found. I came up with a good sizable collection (there is a pic of it down a bit) Now on the site I found they used pinking shears on the edges but since I have a lot of satins, that doesn't work. Satin frays to much.

We got started making cardboard templates for all out ideas, and then I called it quits. I was sick with the kids bug and could not go on. However this evening I felt more up to it. I was very hot and turned off the heat. Advil helped the fever pain and we got to work. SW, not thrilled, I may end up making his. Ko-Ko and Runner did very well though. Unfortunately the pic of Runner and his tree did not turn out. I will retake tomorrow and add it in if I remember. OK here is Runner's. You may notice we forgot the tree trunks. We will add them in today with some brown


As you see we made a few changes. The pinking shears I mentioned for one. Also I chose not to use green thread. I thought using red would look more like garland on our trees. I like the results. I may make a few with velvet and cotton and the pinking shears. Ko-Ko's has velevet and cotton but she backed it in satin.

No comments:

Post a Comment