Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

BLOG UPDATE: ONE YEAR LATER.

So today, November 11th, our blog is one year old. So where have we been and where are we going, is I guess a good question.
It was a bright sunny day, as will be evident in the photos, although I tried to fix it. Also under each photo is lat years photo.

INA (me). Well the basics of who I am has not changed. I (obviously) am still a Lakota Mom of 5 children, and married to a Mohawk Man. I still love to sew and bead. I still have my website Beth's Powwow Threads, where I sell custom order powwow clothing. We are a fairly traditional Native family. My Mom in law and Sis in law live with us. We celebrate traditional celebrations, and ceremonies. Follow our teachings in our daily lives. We dance and sing at powwows in the summer. If I could afford it I would go every weekend. I love to dance. I dance Woman's Traditional style and it makes me so happy.

As for my blog and homeschooling. That has changed too. The blog defiantly became a me thing. It was going to be by me and the kids, but they make rare guest appearances. My homeschooling style has changed. I went from school at home to eclectic, making my own curriculum. This next month or two will be even more different. A year ago we were doing what our book told us to do. With some extra added in time to time. this year we did what I thought we should (go to the remembrance day service). Sunny Not is still the only one in PS. My blog is not just homeschool either. It is my life as a homeschooling Mom. It has my thoughts, opinions, life, baking, sewing, homeschool work,projects & activities. It is eclectic too. It is hard I think to saythis is how I will live and write” because one does not know what will happen tomorrow.

So how have the kids grown? Well they have grown. They are all a year older and they will each tell you about who they have become this year. Except Indy. I get to tell about him. Also Sunny Not went to her Dad's tonight, so I am filling in for her.

INDY. He is 2, going on 3 (St Patty's bday if you remember). He talks oh so much and loves to play outside with his siblings. The talking means his bossy personality is well expressed – a result of his siblings spoiling him. But he is still sweet. He holds his own too :) He loves his TV. Shows :( and playing trains and Legos (yep the little ones too). He likes to be involved in what his siblings do and sometime even colours in some work-pages I made for him. I think he is picking up some of what is around him as well. He has taken to building pyramids with his Lego. (we just finished a big study on Egypt) It is such fun to have a little one around again and I am so excited that I will get to be his teacher throughout his school years. No PS for this one. No bad PS habits from the school yard either, yeah! He still loves books and enjoys playdough and colouring too.

SW; THE BRAVE
I am 12. I am going to be a drummer at powwows when I grow up and be a drum carrier. I like powwows and think it will be really cool to go to one every weekend with a drum with my brother and friends. I have already asked some of my friends and they all want to be in a drum group with me when I make a drum. We are all part of the Native Friendship Center drum group so that we can learn to be drummers. I like going to the library, and having a break from my siblings. I like hanging out with my friends, going to movies, riding my bike and watching wrestling. I babysit my brother sometime and am a good cook.
KO-KO
Hi, I am Ko-Ko. I want to be a Rock Star when I grow up, as well as a police officer (maybe undercover) & a farmer. Before then I would like to work at the movies like my Mom. I like singing, movies, plays and some school stuff cuz it is fun. My favorite things in school are science, math & recess. I like seeing my friends, and drawing. I am taking gymnastics and I am doing really well at it. I like being on the computer, especially you tube cuz I love listening to music. My favorite movie is 2012. I like powwows, I dance just fancy shawl this year. I like seeing my friends there. My favorite powwow is Algonquin park. I died my hair blond this summer. My Mom doesn't 'get it' by I like it and next time I would like 2 colours like my sister.
SUNNY NOT. She was not here tonight to write this.
She is 14 and in highschool this year. She is my eldest daughter and spends time at both her Dad's house and our house. There is no schedule so she comes and goes. That can make discipline and teachings difficult. She still dances Fancy Shawl at powwows. She sill loves photography and editing. In highschool this year her favorite class is video editing and she made the improve team. Her goal is to be a photographer when she grows up.

RUNNER
I really like Karate still and i take it with my friends. I am 8 and I am doing my test to get my yellow belt. Also I am going to get my sparing gear. My Dad ordered it this week. I am going to be an engineer when I grow up and design and build skyscrapers. I am going to make the biggest one. I drum with my brother and our friends sometimes. I also dance at the powwows. I danced Men's Traditional this year. My Dad is teaching me to be a fire keeper. I want to be one when I grow up. I help him at the ceremonies sometimes. I like playing video games and Nerf fights with all my friends in the neighbourhood. On our cul de sac we have all the kids who live there join in. I hope I get more darts for my gun for christmas. We started going to the library. They have everything, cool books, but also video games and movies. My favorite is still Mario Kart that I got for christmas last year. Peace :)

Check out our first blog one year ago

No comments:

Post a Comment