TOP TEN TUESDAY LINK
Top Ten things mom's can count on happening when kids get sick.
We got a stomach flu floating through our house of 9, and as keeper of that house I was inspired.
- The kids will not get sick at the same time. Their germs will plot to make sure that the sickness will go on in your home for as long as possible. For me this was magnified when they had chicken pox for the second time. Each child cleared up in 18-21 days. Each child got the chicken pox 21 days after the previous one (it has a 21 day incubation period). I dealt with kids and chicken pox for 84 days.
- They will start throwing up, after you finished the laundry.
- Mac's Milk will run out of ginger ale on child number four (SW does NOT get sick), which will break their poor sick little heart.
- When they are better they will whine that you are treating their sibling better now that they are sick.
- Someone will take the bowls out to play with and not bring them in, leaving you to run the child to the sink or toilet. This will happen when one of the bigger, heavier ones are sick
- Your washing machine will break, usually a small fix that DH can handle, but a day of puke-y clothes laying around is gross!
- you will run out of laundry soap and DH will forget to pick it up.
- the sick child will crave hot chocolate and some kind sibling will make it for them behind your back
- DH will not wake up at 2,3,4,5 or 6 am. And he will wonder why you haven't got anything done all week
- In the end you and DH will catch it but some how the big suck you married is always so much more sick then you (but we know he really is just whinier!)